Barrettine Wood Protective Treatment 5L
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is a wood sealer for rough, sawn or smooth timber. It contains water repellent resins and a biocide film wood preserver to prevent the surface growth of mould/algae and together this helps reduce decay, swelling, twisting of wood. Pigments have good UV fade resistance and will help protect wood from UV damage.
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is an ideal treatment for outdoor Treated timber structures such as Sheds, Fences, Trellis, Pergola and timber Gazeboes. As a wood sealer it provides excellent water repellency/beading. Oil / Spirit-based for deeper penetration leaving a transparent/translucent finish colour effect to wood, where the grain texture is still visible. Available in a range of colours and clear, see colour swatch below. (Not ideal for decking or garden furniture structures as rub resistance may not be sufficient).
- UV Fade Resistant Colour Wood Stains / Pigments
- Deep Penetrating Oil/Spirit Low Odour Formula
- Harmless To Beneficial Insects & Plants When Dr
Can be sprayed using an airless sprayer such as a wagner or graco ideally using a minimum 1mm flat fan tip nozzle (9 – 11 thou tip). the sprayer must be thoroughly cleaned after application with white spirit and then oiled to protect the tip and moving parts (as per manufacturer’s instructions). this product cannot be sprayed with a traditional pump action garden sprayer.
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellent coatings such as paint or varnish. (remove and sand down as required).
- Recommend using a biocidal wash such as Barrettine Knockout Mould and Mildew prior to treatment.
- The final colour finish can vary considerably due to the age, type & condition of the timber being treated. We always recommend carrying out a test area first in an inconspicuous area to make sure you are happy with the final dried colour.
- Brush, dip, roller or spray in suitable conditions. (When used outdoors make sure weather conditions are dry and still).
- Coverage: 180ml per m2 or1 litre to 5-6 sq metres.
- Drying times: 12 hours under normal conditions (20°C/65% rel. humidity).
- Best results – recommend 2-3 applications/coats.
- Clean equipment with Barrettine White Spirit.
- Always read the label. Use biocides safely.